City Palace, Udaipur is situated in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. It was built by the Maharana Udai Singh as the Sisodia Rajput clan in 1559, after he moved from Chittor. It is located on the east bank of the Lake Pichola. Udaipur was the historic capital of the former kingdom of Mewar in the Rajputana Agency and its last capital. The City Palace in Udaipur was built in a flashy style and is considered the largest of its type in Rajasthan, a fusion of the Rajasthani and Mughal architectural styles, and was built on a hill top that gives a panoramic view of the city and its surrounding.